Well guys, this is it. 2013 is done and done. Hopefully tonight you will send her off with a bang. No pun intended… sort of. Actually, just kidding. THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID. I’m five. Bear with me.
I just read a post over at one of my favorite blogs, A Rockie Life, and one of the things Amanda (yes, she is an Amanda as well. Take in the awesomeness.) said really resonated with me: don’t dwell on the negative. 2013 has been a banner year in some aspects, and in others, one of the most difficult yet. That being said, one of my 2014 resolutions is to really try to start focusing on the positives. Does that mean I’m going to stop being my snarky, judgey self? Nope. Does that mean every time someone else brings up something negative, I’m going to cut them off and try to put a positive spin on it? Absolutely not. I mean internally. Life gets hard, and it’s easy to get swept away in all the wrong, or bad, or difficult. I do it all the time. I get overwhelmed, frustrated, pissed off, and then subsequently, drunk. This year, I’m going to try to focus on the good things that surround me, of which there are many.
So in keeping with one of my new resolutions, here is a list of my top favorite things that happened in 2013:
- The Hubs & I opened up our very own business, an auto repair shop!
- I got a new job, wayyyy closer to home!
- I visited Europe for the first time ever. Germany, to be precise. Ein Bier, bitte.
- Some of our very best friends got married, and some got engaged! Who doesn’t love love?
- My broski also got a new gig, which he loves and has made a huge difference in his life.
- We orchestrated our first motorcycle run for charity and raised $1,000 for a local homeless shelter.
- I got to hang out with you cool kids, a few times a week. So really, thank you for being awesome, engaging readers who aren’t afraid of my opinion or giving me yours! It’s what I love most about you dolls.
Speaking of zee blog – I hope you guys have enjoyed the new look of the site and all the crazy content that goes with it! If you’re counting down the hours until you get out of work today, here are my top ten posts of 2013 that might help pass the time:
#10: How to Sew Your Own Reversible Place Mats
#9: Budgeting 101: Keeping Track of Spending and Savings
#8: December Gift Guide
#7: A Great Way to Get a Handle on Your Student Loan Debt
#6: How to Create a Household Bill Pay Calendar
#5: November Gift Guide
#4: Budgeting 101: Fixed Vs. Fluctuating Income
#3: How to Build Your Own Liquor Lamp from a Whiskey Bottle
#2: My $10 Bathroom Medicine Cabinet Makeover
#1: Drumroll Please… My Top Post of 2013: A New Christmas Night Tradition
Til next year, folks! Xo